Know Your Rights / Conozca sus derechos
The following are just some of the rights all people have, regardless of their immigration status:
* The right to speak to an attorney or a BIA Accredited Representative.
* The right to make a phone call.
* The right, under certain circumstances, to request a hearing before an Immigration Judge.
* The right to receive a current list of voluntary agencies which offer legal services.
* The right to receive the charges made against you in writing.
* The right, under certain circumstances, to request political asylum if you fear persecution in your country on the basis of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion.
* The right, under certain circumstances, to appeal your case to a higher judicial body.